Friday, December 11, 2015

Seeking Truth Seekers

Woah.  It has been a while since the last time I wrote anything.  I have been so caught up with working and life that this blog entirely slipped my mind until recently.  Thanksgiving must have really given me a run for my money, huh?

I think that I am realizing that I do not have much to say that I feel is worth sharing.  I have some ideas jotted down somewhere to look to if I need ideas.  Even in those ideas written down, though, I just am not feeling as if I need to say anything nor that I have anything to say.  When I started this blog I wanted it to be in pursuit of truth and I do not think that me writing about whatever happens to be on my mind at the time is truly seeking truth.  My intent with writing is to truly dig in deep with issues I struggle with, thoughts I wrestle with, and arguments that I have with myself and to share them aloud with my peers, family, friends, and maybe even random strangers.  If I fall short of that, then why should I write in this way at all?  My point is similar to when Paul writes about speaking in languages and sounding like a clanging cymbal but how it is worthless if it means nothing to no one and brings no one closer to and with God.  In the coming weeks I wish to ask those close with me what they think I might have to say or questions and/or issues I could tackle or struggle with either on my own or with others in order that I might continue to seek truth, whatever that might mean.

With all of this in mind, I will go out on a limb and say this: if you have any questions, ideas, struggles, comments, witty banter, quips, quibbles, slurs, etc. then email me at dylmill10@gmail.com (the email this blog is attached to) with "Seeking Alethinos" somewhere in the subject line.

Always Seeking Truth,

Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment